The Harbor Springs Library is open for curbside service only. The library building will remain closed to the public to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Either reserve your items online through our website or call 526-2531 during our regular open hours to have your items pulled and checked out to your account.
- Call the library desk at 526-2531 when you arrive in our parking lot.
- The librarian will place your items in a paper bag with your name on it and bring it downstairs to the table outside our entrance.
- After the librarian returns inside the door, please retrieve your items from the table.
- Please return any items in the book drop, not on the table.
- Please do not donate books at this time.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time and ask that you take care of your loved ones. Please stay home, wash your hands often, and sanitize your living space. The best way to curb the spread of COVID-19 is to limit exposure to possible carriers. We can make an impact if we all work together.
Celebrating 125 years serving Harbor Springs!
Harbor Springs Library
The Harbor Springs Library has been located upstairs on the corner of Spring and Main Streets in downtown Harbor Springs since 1894. As a public community library, we are proud to offer not only books and magazines, but also free Wi-Fi, use of computers, access to a digital library and the Michigan inter-library loan system, and year-round programming.
Have you picked up your new library card yet? Come to the circulation desk and we'll print one out for you!
The Harbor Springs Library is pleased to offer digital and audio books for FREE through the Libby by OverDrive app! Click here for instructions on how to use this service.
If there is a book that you're looking for that we don't carry in our library, you can request to borrow it through our InterLibrary Loan program (the Michigan e-Library or MeLCat) and have it delivered to us. With our limited shelf space, this broadens our available resources substantially, and we are pleased to offer this InterLibrary Loan service to our patrons for free.
There is no friend as loyal as a book.